While the web-based VoterView requires an Internet connection, VoterView Express is a Windows application that can be installed in order to provide electronic voter strike-off capabilities for a number of different scenarios:
- Support polling locations that lack Internet connectivity
- Enable roving polls or other off-site locations
- Backup capabilities in the event that Internet connectivity is unavailable or interrupted during an advance poll or on voting day. Once the connection is restored, elector strike-offs recorded in VoterView Express will be securely uploaded to the centralized VoterView database along with the polling location, the poll date, and the strike-off time.
VoterView Express is supported on Windows 7, Windows 8, and Windows 10.
Extends list revision and electronic voter strike-off capabilities:
- Windows-based application
- User interface is consistent with voterview.ca
- Encrypted copy of the complete Voters’ list
- Automatic synchronization when Internet connectivity is available
- Voting location activities unaffected by connectivity issues
Facilitates mobile polls in:
- Shopping malls
- Retirement and nursing homes
- Signature capture capability